Skip to main content

Blog Journal #8

 


         While working on the web design assignment I was able to acquire many skills that will be beneficial to me as a future educator. Before beginning to create my web design I decided to look for a platform that would be efficient I'm both computer and mobile devices so having the skills to know what Resources work best for the communities that I'm serving as a skill that I was able to utilize when working on this assignment. For my web design, I utilized Google sites through Google sites, I enjoyed how I could easily create tabs and sections within my website and embed information and resources for parents and students to utilize. What I liked most about this assignment was being able to integrate the skills that I've learned in the course so far and apply it to something that I know I'll be using as a teacher. By knowing how to create content such as and research resources allowed me to understand the work that educators do to connect parents with contact material. The one thing I struggled with in disliked most about this assignment was the creation of the calendar. Embedding a Google calendar onto the website it was difficult, adding events such as future spelling tests and field trips as it did not look aesthetically pleasing. Additionally, it was difficult to embed the Google calendar onto the site correctly and make it public in the assignment. I would much have rather created my teaching calendar and embedded it within the site. Overall, the assignment was useful to understand how to utilize technology and make it accessible for students and parents to find resources through a website. 


https://sites.google.com/view/ms-tamara-class/home?authuser=0


         While working on Diigo I was able to acquire various skills and I have learned to use the tool in a way that aids me in noting information efficiently within a website. A skill that I gained from using Diigo is annotating within a website and sharing my annotation with a group. Making annotations can be useful in the classroom because I can annotate within a website to guide students to understand concepts. Within those same annotations and sharing abilities with Diigo students can add their questions and annotations. Additionally, this skill will be useful with team members and a professional group setting. Things within an article or website can be annotated and highlighted to demonstrate the important objectives and tasks that should be accomplished and understood within the group. Lastly, the skills that I gained from Diigo have helped me in my individual professional efforts. The shortcut allows me to highlight unfamiliar words or phrases and quickly search its meaning. This is essential when learning and reading complex materials. The shortcut allows me to search the meaning quickly through google and then I can come back and annotate and highlight for further comprehension. 



         Being an educator, active learning never truly ends. They say that teachers are lifelong learners and that is the case especially when it comes to staying up-to-date on technological advances. Teachers should understand the technology and how to implement it Within a classroom. For example, when teachers understand how to use adaptive technology to help students with disabilities who struggle with ADHD or dyslexia, they must understand how to implement it within the classroom effectively. If teachers want to implement adaptive technology in the classroom for teacher professional development will help in doing this. professional development allows educators to understand and grow with new content material in advances in technology and in the education field. educators are able to learn what other teachers are doing in the classroom and implement them in their classrooms as well. Therefore, it is important for teachers to stay updated informed on technology trends and in education. The website International Society for Technology helps teachers to stay updated on technology trends.


https://www.iste.org/standards/for-educators 



Comments