Skip to main content

Blog Journal #7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 3

  Welcome to blog 3, today I discussing copyright and fair use within the classroom, technology implementation issues, and my experience in creating a classroom newsletter.         Within the classroom environment, there are many tools and resources that one would like to share with their students and families. Sometimes resources such as study guides or workbooks are often copyrighted. The term copyright is defined as a form of protection for any type of creative work, videos, software, articles, or textbooks. As a teacher, you can utilize copyright materials by following the fair use guidelines. Fair use is a set of guidelines established within copyright legislation that states that copyright material may be used by nonprofits for educational reasons. Although, it states that teachers can use copyright materials teachers should only use a limited amount such as brief excerpts or examples. As a teacher, if I create my instructional material I can protect ...

Blog One Personal Learning Network

  Hello everyone,  Welcome to blog #1 where I will be introducing myself and talking about my experience with technology in an educational setting as well as personal learning networks that aid me in my learning needs and goals.  My name is Tamara Sonera I am currently a first-year student at Florida State University majoring in Elementary Education. Before coming to Florida State I attended a vocational high school in which I had the opportunity to work with preschool students in a preschool lab. Working with young children throughout high school exposed me to my love for education, children, and working with my community. Throughout the years I focused on teaching reading and math to 3 to 5-year-old students. In March 2019, I earned my Child Development Associate Credential (CDA.) Earning my certification opened the doors for various job opportunities during my senior year of high school. From August 2019 through May 2020 I worked as a Foreign Language Preschool teacher...

Blog Journal 9

            Starting college as a distance learner was different than in-person classes and it presented various obstacles but many advantages as well. One thing that I enjoy about distance learning is the ability to create my schedule. Many of my courses post weekly assignments and projects but I can choose the time to complete it which makes distance learning more flexible. The one thing that I do dislike about distance-learning is its inability to communicate as effectively with professors as I would be able to in person. Through emails and zoom office hours I do not feel like it is the same level of support that I would be getting if I was in person. Based on my experience as a student in distance-learning as an educator I will implement various protocols and provide resources to help my students thrive by completing distance learning classes. For example, I established group chats or use academic apps such as Class Dojo to connect with students an...