Skip to main content

Blog Journal #6


    Initially using Diigo was a bit frustrating and confusing to understand. I had issues logging in and connecting to my group which took me various attempts, but once I was connected the website was easy to manage. Diigo allowed me to see articles and publications that my peers were reading and annotating. I like that I could see other's comments while I searched throughout the internet which gave me clear understandings of articles relating to web 2.0's in K- 12 education. In addition, to seeing publications that my peers were reading and annotating I enjoyed how each bookmark would send you directly to the link the individuals were discussing. This made websites articles accessible to read as Diigo links the articles automatically when you bookmark them. The one thing I did not enjoy about Diigo was the layout. The layout is confusing to understand which might make new users fearful of using the network. Overall, Diigo is an effective tool that allows communication within the classroom and engages students in discourse relating to different topics. 

   



                            "Blogger"   by: altelaumbanua is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0    

    At first, when I learned that I would have to blog during this course I must say I was fearful. I've always considered myself an individual who struggles to express my thoughts and opinions through writing.  I felt like blogging would be difficult and very time-consuming. So far I have enjoyed blogging throughout this course. I believe it allows me to express my thoughts on issues that we're discussing in class and enables me to critically think and expand my thoughts in a way that others can read and engage with as well. Overall, I have enjoyed blogging because I can interact with my peer’s blogposts and gain further knowledge and ideas on how to utilize software networks as a future educator. Blogger has made blogging easy as it automatically saves my work and has various tools where I can link Web 2.0 networks such as Twitter. The one thing I dislike about Blogger is that the site is not aesthetically pleasing. As a Blogger, I must ensure that my blog is set up in an organized and pleasing layout as Blogger does not share ideas Ann formats to set up one's blog. So far, I have learned how to effectively manage hey weekly blog which has aided in my communication in digital skills. 


https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VZLRxpfNNooJ:https://en.linoit.com/+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us 




    An interesting web 2.0 tool that I may use when teaching would be Lino. Lino is a sticky note and photo-sharing site. Groups and classrooms can collaboratively work and post ideas on discussion boards. The sticky notes along with visual aids can be organized into sections and various colors to distinguish topics. As an educator, I can create a classroom Lino account and create discussion boards where students can share quick thoughts, ideas, and work in groups. In the age of remote learning during a zoom class, I can assign a Lino board and students can comment in real-time. By sharing my screen, we can then discuss the post to engage in conversation. The same can be done in an in-person class, the use of web 2.0 tools such as Lino will help students understand concepts and equip them with digital skills that foster communication and learning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal #8

           While working on the web design assignment I was able to acquire many skills that will be beneficial to me as a future educator. Before beginning to create my web design I decided to look for a platform that would be efficient I'm both computer and mobile devices so having the skills to know what Resources work best for the communities that I'm serving as a skill that I was able to utilize when working on this assignment. For my web design, I utilized Google sites through Google sites, I enjoyed how I could easily create tabs and sections within my website and embed information and resources for parents and students to utilize. What I liked most about this assignment was being able to integrate the skills that I've learned in the course so far and apply it to something that I know I'll be using as a teacher. By knowing how to create content such as and research resources allowed me to understand the work that educators do to connect parents with contact mater